Many dreams of driving in the mountains. For example, the Alps has many fascinating routes to explore with other Motorists’ Travel Stories.
One of the determinants of your route is whether you reach Europe by boat across the bay or via Sweden. All options have their own merits, which should be taken into account when making the selection.
Google Maps is a good way to plan your route. You go anywhere, remember that the fastest way is often not the best. And if you avoid the main roads, you will also avoid extra tolls!
If you have limited time on your journey, advance planning can help you get the most out of it. Remember to leave space for spontaneity, sidewalks and new destinations to come during your trip.
Always leave enough room for daily driving. Especially the inexperienced drivers overestimate the mileage of the day. Driving tired is a security risk – and making yourself into driving is impossible. If you miss the time and power, finally take the extra hook through the sidewalk.
Remember the breaks. Two hours of continuous driving on bad roads is too much!
Take care of the motorcycle before the trip
Please refer to the instruction manual and take care of it. At least the condition of the tires, the fluids and the functionality of the lights should be ensured. The condition of chains and strollers can deteriorate quickly on poor roads and long journeys. Chains also wear more if a ride is carried by a passenger or a lot of stuff is involved. Take care of your Motorkleding staffs.
- Measure your groove depths and think about whether the tire will last all the way. If your bike is heavily loaded, tires will wear faster.
- Check the tire pressure during the journey. The air pressure must be increased if the load is high.
- Check fluids (engine and gear oils, brake and hydraulic fluids).
- If you have a chain-driven wheel, check the condition of the chains and replace them if necessary.
- Check the surface of the brake discs.
- Tighten the nuts on the bag mounting brackets and make sure they are secure.
- Secure the front wheel suspension and shock absorbers. Adjust according to load. Remember the maximum permissible total weight of the wheel.
- Direct the lights only when fully loaded.
If your trip is long and the next service is close by, you can do the maintenance ahead of time or maintain your bike in the middle of the trip.